ENGAGE! High-Impact Interactive Workshops, Remotely
October 5, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Would you like to multiply the opportunities you have to make a global difference?
There’s a big world out there. If only it weren’t so difficult to do great work with people online
You’re an amazing coach, trainer, facilitator or consultant when you’re in the same room as your group.
But when you think about working remotely, across continents, you think:
- You’ll be trapped by the technology
- Interaction with participants will be limited
- You won’t be able to read the group’s dynamics
- Cultural differences could sour the atmosphere
- Your lively small-group activities just won’t work
- You’ll be forced into the ever-deadly talking-over-slides format
- Attendees will barely pretend to pay attention – and it’ll all be a waste of time.
What if it didn’t have to be like that?
What if your live online workshops, meetings, and trainings could be as vibrant as they are when you’re two feet away from your participants?
ENGAGE! teaches you how to make that happen. You’ll get great results with your workshop participants, even when you can’t be in the room with them.
That’s due to our approach, which combines awareness of best-practice facilitative training methods with the practicalities of modern online meeting tech.
By the end of this one-day in-the-room workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand what an engaging, participative live online workshop looks, sounds and feels like
- Make real, human connections with participants and create a psychologically safe space, remotely
- Discourage groupthink and amplify divergence in live online video discussions
- Adapt your small-group exercises/activities for a live online video environment
- Have strategies to manage tools such as chat and whiteboards alongside a video stream, and handle overload
- Identify relevant technical considerations, and deal with common issues
- Persuade participants to switch on their video cameras
- Apply these techniques using inexpensive technology.
There will be preparatory materials to study ahead of the day – please allow at least an hour in the week before the workshop. Then we can be ready to get hands-on when we’re together.
Please bring your laptop with you. You’ll need a webcam (your laptop’s will be fine) and a headset, like the one that comes with a phone.
You will be co-trained by Judy Rees and Richard Kasperowski, both of whom have many years of experience in live online training
Judy Rees, creator of the ENGAGE model, has introduced scores of trainers, coaches, and facilitators to the joy of live online training – including within large organizations such as the RSA. For the last three years, she’s been the host of one of the world’s first online-video unconferences, Metaphorum, which connects 150 people around the world in a 13-hour live-learning marathon. She’s the co-author of Clean Language: Revealing Metaphors And Opening Minds and is a regular keynote speaker at Agile and other events around the world.